Tuesday, December 6, 2011

random sketch

When I hitchhiked around the good 'ole USA two summers ago, i wanted to visually record some of the places I visited. Not having a camera, or any other type of modern tool such as a computer web cam, I resorted to making sketches of various objects and landscapes. Unfortunately I lost my travel notebook and all the memories it contained when I had my stuff stolen a while back. But the fascination with drawing still continues. i am not an artist. I just do what i do. I am hoping to get a camera sometime in the future, but until then the old pen and paper will have to do.

From time to time I will post some of these doodling's here on the blog. I am using my netbook's camera to take the photos. Please forgive the amateurishness of it all but it is the best I can do.


This is a sketch of the main building of the San Jose State University bell tower. 

The one thing I seem to have the most trouble drawing are people. They never seem quite right somehow.

Just like the sketches that I do, I have a hard time getting away from writing my thoughts down in a journal. I keep trying to write them down using some journal software but it never feels right somehow. This is posing a quandary of sorts as I am hoping to get back to traveling as soon as I can get my gear together. I don't want to travel with a lot of unnecessary stuff, but it is just a bit difficult to get away from pen and paper. I am going to take a regular notebook of blank pages that will be more appropriate for sketches, but I am still debating the paper journal. As usual, time will tell.

Travel in peace.



No comments: